We saw another fun idea for Halloween decor and decided to recreate it. It was so easy and turned out really cute! Change the wording and detailing for a different feel, if you like. Overall, it took less than two hours of total work time, not counting time for paint drying. And now, we have another addition to our Halloween decorations!
Yellow, white, orange, and black craft paint
Masking tape (optional)
1. Cut wood to desired length, if needed, and sand edges
2. Measure and mark three sections (white=top, orange=middle, yellow=bottom). For more straight edges, paint the orange section, then mark with masking tape to paint the edges of the white and yellow.
3. If you have a Cricut, you’re in luck! Otherwise, you’ll have to cut out your own letters.
4. Arrange letters (I used a tape measure to make sure everything was even) and trace.
5. Paint letters. Add any fun detailing you’d like (we changed an O into a spider, for example).
6. Paint a couple layers of polyurethane on to protect your creation.
7. Display proudly!